CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
We are excited to invite submissions for presentation, posters, and workshop sessions for our 2021 virtual CFMHN conference.
Presentations are 30 minutes including Q&A. Posters will be shown in our virtual poster room. Workshops are 90 mins including Q&A.
PRESENTATIONS, POSTERS & WORKSHOPS
There are opportunities to present research, policy, practice or educational work in the following subthemes:
- Equity in mental health delivery – this could include anti-racism structural changes for staff or clients; intersectional anti-oppression models or approaches; access to mental health services; emergency mental health responses, harm reduction models of care; trauma informed care; cultural safety; decriminalization of substances or related substance policies and more…
- Inclusion of nurses – this could include workplace strategies that prioritize nurse wellness; anti-racism in the profession or workplace; interventions for nurses to enhance wellness and/or support moral distress/grief from COVID or other workplace stressors; substance use in nursing; mental health education for undergraduate Registered Nurses, nurse psychotherapist advocacy, role of nurse prescribers, intra-professional collaboration; mental health roles and designations across Canada, the role and education of the Registered Psychiatric Nurse and more…
- Skill based workshops or presentations on the topics of trauma informed care, motivational interviewing, advocacy and more…
How To Apply Online ***New system***
To start your submission, go to www.fsel.ca/cfmhn-login and create an account. Once the account is created you will be able to visit multiple times to complete your submission. Submissions are accepted online only. You can choose a practice/education submission, a policy/research submission or both.
All submissions must be completed by end of day May 28, 2021. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
All abstracts received by the deadline date will be judged by a blind peer review. Selection criteria include relevance to the conference theme, scholarship, creativity, and application to psychiatric and mental health nursing. Emphasis will be on work with clear “take away messages”, as well as innovative contribution to the health care system.
- Selections will be completed and acknowledged by the end of June 2021.
- Successful authors must indicate their intent to present by September 1, 2021 to be included in the conference program and brochure.
All presenters are responsible for all expenses incurred and must register for the conference. For additional information or support, email Erika Kahr at Erika@fsel.ca.